Dec 21, 2021

Update from the studio, plus an exercise for releasing the shoulder tension

 Hello, there! 

It's been a while since I post here. Lots of things happened to the studio. On the night of the hurricane Ida on Sep. 1st., the studio got flooded very badly that we needed to evacuate. We'd been moved to a temporary location for a while and, just recently settled into the new apartment in the same building on the 3rd floor.

I appreciated all the support messages from my students.

We'll be continuing to do in-person and online lessons.

--

Here's my new violin lesson video. 

I've been noticing that some students play a song and soon after take their instrument off their shoulders and put their hands on them to ease the ache and soreness. 

That's a lot of tension on the shoulders. 

And playing the violin in that state makes you feel dreadful. I know it because I've gone through the pain before. And I want to shout out that that shouldn't be the way it is. Playing the violin can be fun and easy on the body. With the right body stance and the movement. 

I hope this exercise in the video helps to release the shoulder tension.



No comments:

Post a Comment